October 30th has been declared Ask An Archivist Day. Archivists from around the country will be monitoring Twitter to respond to your questions. The day long event is sponsored by the Society of American Archivists as the send off for Archives Month.
No question is too silly . . .
- What is the craziest thing you’ve come across in your collections?
- If your archives has a soundtrack, what songs would be on it?
- What do archivists talk about around the water cooler?
. . . and no question is too practical!
- As a teacher, how can I get my students more interested in using archives for projects?
- What should I do to be sure my emails won’t get lost?
- I’ve got scads of digital images on my phone. How should I store them so I can access them later?
- How do you decide which items to keep and which to weed out from a collection?
Just tweet your question and include the hashtag #AskAnArchivist in your tweet.
Follow along through the day to see questions and answers.
And even after Archives Month is over you can ask us questions at WKU Archives – email@example.com