WKU Libraries Blog

News and events from WKU Libraries

WKU Libraries Blog - News and events from WKU Libraries

October – Out of the Box


Agriculture – bibliography

Beauty Queens – list and photos

College Heights Herald 10/9/1963

Edward Stout Papers – Ogden College student

Elevator 10/1913

Franz Strahm Papers – former music professor

Gary Ransdell Oral History – Read and listen to President Ransdell discuss his vision for WKU

Homecoming – bibliography

Margie Helm Papers – former librarian’s personal papers

Smith Stadium – building history

The Voice – WKU Diversity Program newsletter

September Cool Stuff

Athletic Village – article by Kelly Thompson

Beulah Collins Ellis Autograph Book

Autograph Album

Autograph Album

BUWKY 9/1938 – Bowling Green Business University student publication

Glasgow Normal School – collection inventory

Personnel File – September 1988 issue WKU newsletter

Rodes-Helm Lecture Series – posters & programs

Sophomores – links to images and information regarding Sophomore classes

Southern Normal Scrapbook Index

Van Meter Hall – building history

Wetherby Hall – building history

Zacharias Hall – building history

August Cool Stuff

Class of 1913 – class list and links to images

Class of 1913

Unidentified member of the WKU Class of 1913

Class of 1963 – class officers and Talisman

Fashion Show Programs – 1981-1990

Freshmen – documents and photos regarding freshmen

Gilbert Hall – building history and documentation

Keen Hall – building history and documentation

Nursing Class of 1988 – photo board showing members of the 1988 nursing class

Pearce-Ford Tower – building history and documentation

Poland Hall – building history and documentation

Teachers College Heights 7/1/1938 – photo spreads of campus

July Cool Stuff

Baseball Media GuideBaseball – Objects, photographs and documents related to WKU and College High baseball teams.

Board of Regents Special Meeting 11/7/1938 – 75 years ago – construction of the Kentucky Building

Cardinal Yearbook – Ogden College yearbook is 100 years old

College Heights Herald 7/22/1968 – summer theater, ETV Network & Shaker pageant

Eleavator 7/1913 – WKU’s bimonthly publication

Fanlight, 1988 – Kentucky Museum happenings from 25 years ago

Forensic Story – transcript of audiotape regarding the establishment of the William Biven Forensic Society

John Minton – 5th president of WKU

Marion Humphrey – alumni papers

Recitation Hall – building history and documentation

Resolution 88-10-S – Unicorn Pizza & Theater open on weekends

Southern Normal School – collection inventory

Al and Jeanne Baker honored

A reception was held in honor of Al and Jeanne Baker, former owners of Shutterbug Photography, for their in-kind gift “WKU Libraries-A Century of Excellence” now displayed on the first floor of Cravens Library. The 14 foot long display was created to commemorate a century of service on the hill.

Century of Exc 5

Recognition for Al and Jeanne Baker’s Millennial display at WKU Cravens Library.


Photo Album | Audio | Podcast RSS Feed

The Kentucky Derby: How the Run for the Roses Became America’s Premier Sporting Event

Dr. James Nicholson

Dr. Nicholson speaking at Barnes & Noble Bookstore.

Thursday evening at Barnes & Noble Bookstore, Dr. James Nicholson shared with his audience the history of the Kentucky Derby and what makes “America’s Premier Sporting Event”.   He spoke and also shared a collage of photos revealing the highs and lows of what is none other than the tradition and culture surrounding Kentucky’s famous Derby!

Photo Album | Audio | Podcast RSS Feed

Continue reading