Tracy Matthews will be on campus February 7 from Thomson Reuters in New York to do a workshop on “The Web of Science,” the Libraries’ newest and most comprehensive database. We’ve scheduled two workshops tomorrow:
- Gary Randsell Hall, Lab 1 (on the 2nd floor) at 10:00 a.m.
- VPAL Lab (Cravens Library 2nd floor) at 1:00 p.m.
The Web of Science consists of the following major components:
- Science Citation Index Expanded®:
8,300 major journals across 150 disciplines — 1900 to present.
- Social Sciences Citation Index®:
2,697 journals across 55 social science disciplines, as well as selected items from 3,500 of the world’s leading scientific and technical journals — 1900 to present.
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
Fully indexes over 2300 arts and humanities journals, as well as selected items over 250 scientific and social sciences journals— 1975 to present.