SPARC, the Scholarly Publishing & Academic Resources Coalition coordinates the annual International Open Access Week. This year’s theme is Generation Open, that is to say the focus is upon student and early career researchers. In keeping with the theme, WKU Libraries is focusing upon our student researchers past and present.
We make access to student research projects and creative activities available by posting them on TopSHOLAR which went live in 2007. Since that time works by students have been downloaded over 487,000 times.
- Art – Senior Art Show Catalogs
- English –
- Graduate School –
- History – The Student Researcher
- Honors College – Capstone Experience
- Honors Program – Student Honors Research Bulletin
- Journalism & Broadcasting
- Student Activities – Women’s Empowerment Week
- Student Research Conference – Presentations
- University Experience – Undergraduate Research Award
- Women’s Studies Program – Annual Writing Contest
Celebrate Generation Open by encouraging student researchers. Read some of their papers, look at some of the art they have created, give them an assignment that challenges them to do their best work and identify works for inclusion on TopSCHOLAR.