In 2010 a project was initiated to digitize WKU theses and dissertations for the period 1994-2009. These theses were stored in University Archives awaiting microfilming, however with the changes in technology, the decision was made to secure funding for digitization instead. In June 2010 the funding was secured. The theses were checked against the microfilm and a few additional theses going back to 1935 were found that had not been microfilmed. Each theses was checked for student permissions and a page count was compiled. 28 boxes containing 759 theses were shipped to North Carolina to be digitized. A jpg file was created of each page and a pdf file was created of each theses. The originals and a hard drive returned to WKU in late March 2011. From April 5 – 26, 2011 the theses were uploaded onto TopScholar and links were created from the library catalog TopCat to assist researchers in accessing them. They are available by department and also at Masters Theses & Specialists Projects.
Theses Digitization Phase I Completed
Comments Off on Theses Digitization Phase I Completed
Filed under Events, University Archives